Sunday, February 19, 2012

Trying New Things

IMG_3845

Yesterday morning, before leaving to pick up my nephew for the weekend, I strung a BJD together for the first time.  Now keep in mind this is something I've avoided like the plague, convinced it was a dangerous task requiring at least two people, pinched fingers, body parts flying across the room, and certainly something best left to people with engineering degrees.  I've read horror stories on DoA!

*grin*  Turns out it's stupidly easy, perhaps because this is a very simple body.  I had a Minoruworld Junior body kit, and it came with everything I needed to put her together - two elastics, s-hooks, and two bits of wire to help string the body parts onto the elastic.  The three pages of instructions provided were very clear, and once you read the first page, not even really needed!

I didn't need a second person, or even my handy dandy hemostats!

Next up?  Removing a Littlefee headback from it's body and transferring it to the Minoruworld body.  You cannot imagine how thrilled I was yesterday morning before starting to find that someone HAS already done this, and it looks great!

2 comments:

  1. re-stringing does have a undeservedly bad reputation. how tall will your girl be with the new body?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to measure her, but she should be about 33cm, I believe! :)

    ReplyDelete