Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Knitting Knitting Knitting

I like sewing, but somehow I seem to be defaulting to knitting these last few months!

I finished the sized down sweater for my niece's Les Cheries doll, which makes me very pleased.  Mind you, she's three, so I'm not entirely sure she can even get this on and off without assistance... I probably should have waited till she's a little older! LOL

IMG_4147

I really need to sit down and copy my notes from the hardcopy to the Ravelry project page, before I go and loose them!

My current project is the "Classy Cardigan" pattern by Becky Colvin. The first few rows of this were awful.  I had to re-do the first row three times before I got it right!! When she said after the third row it'd be easy and you wouldn't even need the pattern, I admit I thought she was stark raving mad.

It took till the sixth row, but she was right.  Once you get going, it's very nice and easy to follow up until the decrease section, which I hope will be almost as simple, when I get there. ;)  I think it's going to look really nice - It's meant for Claire (MNF), but if it doesn't fit her, Ellowyne will be happy to step in and claim it.  That's the lovely thing about multiple dolls, I guess - any mistakes are bound to fit someone!

2 comments:

  1. It's very nice, and the style could be used for a coat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It does make a great little coat! (Now if only I was up for doing a human-size one to match... LOL)

    ReplyDelete