Monday, December 10, 2012

Nora

I had small visitors for the weekend, but after they left I got out my new Iplehouse KID.  :D   Daylight + time to actually see what fits = a lot of fun.

I found the 6/7 wigs I have are just a little too small for her....they tend to rise up on her head, and since her head cap is only attached by magnets, they were actually pulling it off after a bit!  LOL  So I tried on a couple of the wigs I'd got for Claire's arrival, as I think their heads are pretty nearly the same size, and that worked much better.  In fact, I've found her wig!


IMG_5530

I had planned for black hair...that was the one constant in ordering and waiting for this doll....and it turns out dark brown suits her about a thousand times better!

On the clothes front:
1.  Ken shirts fit perfectly!  Ken pants, on the other hand, don't even remotely fit.
2.  Littlefee dresses that are a little loose fit great as tops.  If the fit is too close, however, they won't quite close at the back.
3.  Littlefee skirts fit very well, though of course they are considerably shorter
4.  Minifee skirts fit a little longer, but otherwise well, as to the tops.
5.  She does fit in Littlefee shoes and boots, but they look a bit clunky on her.  I definitely prefer the three pairs of "In Motion" doll shoes from Ruby Red Galleria.  I will probably buy her another pair next month. :)
6.  I tried on a pair of Minifee leggings, and they are too long and baggy about the waist, to boot, but looked just fine with a loose top.
7.  The pair of Ellowyne jeans I tried on her fit beautifully at the waist and on the legs, but was of course too long!


IMG_5563_edited-1

Poseability-wise, shes certainly not comparable with the Fairyland Littlefee, but she's not bad either!  With the mobility joint, she's a very stable stander (I'm not sure if she would be quite as easy without it), and she can do poses with her arms up near her face or holding things, but her elbow joints look pretty awful in those poses.  Long sleeves for those!  I do like her leg joints a lot;  they 'lock' and can't slip out of place at the hips.

Overall, this is a gorgeous doll, and I'm so pleased with her!  :D

2 comments:

  1. She's lovely! I have been tempted often to get one but I need to pay more attention to what I have....famous last words!!!
    I like the wig you've chosen for her.
    I wonder would the 14 inch Betsy McCall outfits fit her because they fit Narsha really well and I have a feeling they are about the same size.
    Have fun!
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will have to look into the 14 inch Betsy Mccall thing; I know I've seen patterns for that size! :D

    ReplyDelete