Thursday, January 16, 2014

This says something about my attention span, I think...

I'm having one of those days.  You know, those days where you see a doll ("Wolf" MNF at Fairyland, in this case) and an idea how to include it in the story comes into your head, and then you're mentally listing out the other things you would need (wigs, eyes, clothes, shoes, accessories...re-purchasing a MNF Ruth to bring back Sebastian...), and when you stop to think about it you realize the final tally would probably be in the thousands, and you don't actually want to spend any money, let alone that much!


I find it pretty funny how fast your brain can run away with you... (or maybe that is just me!)  It was a very highly entertaining half-hour of contemplation.  Truthfully it kind of feels like I bought both dolls, and their wardrobe, mentally took the pictures of their various humorous adventures , and sent them on to a new home already.

And all for free!  ;)

8 comments:

  1. Now that's a neat trick! I still get caught up in the fun shopping aspect, especially clothes. This is why I need to stick to plan and only look at bjd cats -- they're supposed to stay naked and wigless even when you get them home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I hadn't thought of that, but that is a definite advantage to the cats! :D

      Delete
  2. Hi, I recognize this totally :-). I create little stories about my doll Lorifina in my head with awesome accessories and appropriate outfits, without having the props. Just thinking about it is so much fun :-). I'm a fan of your cat by the way, it's so beautiful! Greetings from Belgium :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the cats; they are a lot of fun!

      I'm glad I'm not the only one who has all sorts of stories for a doll (or dolls) in their heads only, never realized in the real world. :)

      Delete
  3. I actually know what you mean. I did this recently with a doll I had been contemplating getting and by the time I added everything up, I freaked out a little at the price and decided I really didn't feel like spending that much money.

    And you know, when you don't have dolly funds, you find so many dolls you want to buy when you have some funds ... but then when you do have some funds, you either find nothing you're really interested in or you just don't want to spend all your fund money. It's kind of nice to have it there for a rainy day.

    The way our brain works like this, I think we save money right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I think it works out to saving money, anyway! I definitely have the same thing with seeing lots of things I want when I don't have the money to spend, and then getting choosy when the money is saved up. :D

      Delete
  4. Yes I understand what you mean ! So much ideas and an idea makes appear another idea and so on ! Why not drawing your scene ? (a little bit challenging I think !)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a case of one idea leading to another! LOL

      I do wish my drawing skills were up to that! :)

      Delete