Sunday, September 7, 2014

Nieceling's Birthday Presents....so close to complete....

Got a few things completed.  My favourite sewing project this time has been these really simple, really quick reversible wrap skirts:

IMG_8471-4

You can get this pattern for free, here. It's quite easy to make two at a time that are identical - one to keep, and one to donate! I managed to make six, two of each, in a single day, which is really fast for me!

Things I like about these:
1)  Fast and easy to make
2)  Easy for even a small child to put on the doll on their own.
3) Versatile - each skirt gives her two different looks, and they look great with either t-shirts or sweaters.
4)  Because of the velcro fastening these fit not only the American Girl sized dolls, but the slim 18" dolls like Nieceling's Journey Girls doll very securely.

The pretty dress has finally been blocked (though this is not the best picture), and just needs the back sewn up/buttons attached to be ready:

IMG_8480-7

I used a pattern you can purchase on Ravelry, here.  (I believe it is also available on Etsy.)  It is written slightly differently than I am used to, but so worth the effort!  I'd rate this one as an Intermediate pattern.  It's a perfect fit on Nieceling's Journey Girl.  :)  I believe there is also a version available for the thicker American Girl/Maplelea sized dolls.

I have a cardigan in progress, and a little shirt and jacket cut out to sew, but truthfully I'm not likely to get those done in time. They can be for Christmas, perhaps.  LOL  Or go away till next year's birthday!

6 comments:

  1. The skirts look great, and your dress is so cute! I really love that color combination and model :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much for the kind words! The blue yarn is the Wonderland Heather colour from Knitpicks, and I just love it. :D

      Delete
  2. I like the skirt and the dress is really beautiful but the pattern seems too difficult for me ! Stéphanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirts were really fun! I think they could easily be made a little more fancy, too. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh! I thought I'd commented on this post and obviously haven't! Old age, me thinks. These skirts are very cute and I might make some for my 18 inch girls soon. Love the dress too, your knitting is really really lovely!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirts were very fast, which was my favourite thing! LOL I look forward to seeing what you make, if you do! :)

      Delete