Thursday, August 18, 2011

Many Goodbyes...

I'm in the process of streamlining my collection a bit, the proceeds mostly going right back into the doll funds. LOL

I feel a bit sad about it whenever I send a doll off, but not as badly as I expected to.  I sold my Very First Ever BJD earlier this year and thought I'd regret it, as I tend to be rather sentimental at the best of times, but surprisingly I didn't regret it at all!  She has a new name and new hair, and looks to be having a great time (if a doll can do so) at her new home.  I think that's what made the difference for me... her new owner was clearly delighted with her, so I know she's got a good home!

Haven was just delivered to her new owner yesterday, so hopefully the lady is happy with her! I haven't heard yet, but the pictures I took were extensive and her massive wardrobe went with her, so she should be pleased! :)

The money from Haven will cover an order from Spampy and the rest will be set aside till the next time Her Delicate Strength is open for orders.

Next up on the chopping block are Laney and Kismet.    Both are perfectly lovely little dolls who really get no play time.  Plus, Laney is essentially the same character as Samara, and I don't really need two of them!  The Pukifee get attention all the time, and have very vivid characters, so I have no intention of parting with them!


After them, there is a Puki body with two multiheads that will go looking for a new home, and probably a BlueFairy Tiny Fairy Emilie.

The thing is, I HATE selling things.  It stresses me out and I don't really feel better till the package arrives and the buyer lets me know they are happy with the purchase.    Mostly I have been very lucky and dealt with some perfectly lovely people, but last year I ran into one who was just a nightmare.   Claimed the quality of the doll was shoddy but refused to send it back for a full refund (including return shipping!) while berating me for cheating her.  Finally she took a partial refund and went away...it was just awful.  To this day I can't quite figure out what she wanted from me.


Even though I hate selling things, I really would like to send the more neglected dolls to better owners, so I've braced myself and will continue one at a time, hopefully having them all re-homed by the end of  Fall.  :)  I'll probably be taking pictures and putting Laney up on Den of Angels this weekend.
















No comments:

Post a Comment