Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Because Sewing Uses Totally Different Hand Muscles Than Knitting! Right?!

My hands and wrists have been getting pretty sore the last few days from all the tiny knitting I've been doing, so I have to take a break for a few days.  Which is annoying, because I'm almost done a cardigan for Emily that I modified Wovenflame's Top Down Raglan Sweater pattern for.

But since I have learned the hard way to recognize when to take a break, a break will be taken. LOL

So last night I decided I would make the Infinity Dress I've been seeing for the incoming Minifee Chloe (and of course, Ellowyne will be sharing again!) - There's a tutorial on Den of Angels I've been keeping an eye on.

I had a bit of trouble finding a piece of fabric BIG enough, since I usually canibalize old clothes... I was able to find a skirt that had just enough fabric, though, and the actual sewing of the dress took all of an hour from creating the pattern, cutting out the fabric, sewing it by hand, and putting it on Ellowyne!

IMG_2833_edited-1

Wrapping the dress top, however, turns out to be a little more complicated. *grin* I looked at a few videos on youtube but in the end just went with experimentation. You can make so many different looks with this type of dress, so I will definitely be trying more!

No comments:

Post a Comment