Thursday, August 4, 2011

What is it about dolls that they need so much stuff?

LOL  I do generally make most of the clothes for my dolls, with occasional purchases (largely of things that are too complicated either for my skill level or my peace of mind).  I swear they whisper demands in my ear as I sleep though...

With the Pukifee, it's shoes.  The three of them have so many shoes that they could all wear a different pair each day of the week, and there would be no re-wearing by one of the others!  Emily, my LittleFee...well, she mostly tricks me into patterns, fabric, trim, and yarn...which to be fair IS cheaper! And the Puki and RealPuki are all about the props, and are always pointing me at dollhouse sites.

This newly ordered MNF though...she's demanding!  She's got a dress and some shoes to start her off, which has always been enough for any of the others, but she has bigger plans!  It's entirely her fault I keep staring at this site:  Her Delicate Strength.

She wants a pair of jeans.  And a Fall coat.  And a Winter coat.  She'd like more, but she'll settle for that...And in the meantime I should finish off knitting her first sweater and see if I can't sew up some shirts and skirts!

And she's guilting me about Sebastian, who has been with me a couple years now and has wandered around in the same outfit and boots for the entirety of that time, in a wig that doesn't particularly suit his colouring.  She thinks he needs jeans too, and a coat, and I should head over to Nine9 Style to get some shoes for him, poor soul.

It's a good thing I have lots of practice at resisting temptation.  Though I will be putting some money aside for the next time HDS has an order period.  I at least need the jeans!  No really! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment