Sunday, January 5, 2014

BJD Meme

BJD Meme

I was tagged in a BJD Meme over on Flickr, so I thought I'd do it here as well. I'm quite late, of course! I went back to work on Thursday, and after having been off for a week and a half...well, there was a lot to catch up on!

If you haven't been tagged, and would like to be, consider yourself tagged!  I'm a little behind this week... LOL

1. How long have you been in the BJD hobby?

I received my first (and intended to be my only) BJD in 2006, I think.  It was a Lati Yellow Lami, "Winter Tan" version.

2. How many dolls do you have at home?

I have seven, including the cat. ;)

3. What are their names and sculpts?

Claire (Fairyland Minifee Chloe)
Emily (Fairyland Littlefee Ante)
Kipling (Fairyland Pukifee Ante)
Cairo (Fairyland Pukifee Zoe)
Samara (Fairyland Pukifee Bonnie)
Flake (Fairyland Realpuki Soso)
Edith (BJD Cat from Eve The Cat/Oleum)

4. Which doll have you had the longest? How long has it been?

Actually, it's Kipling and Cairo, who were ordered together!  They arrived in 2009 it looks like.  You know, I hadn't even thought about the fact that I no longer have any of the dolls from before those two.

5. Which doll is your favorite?

Is there any doubt?  LOL  Emily!

6. Are you waiting on any dolls now? If yes, which one(s)?

None.  I'm really happy with my current group as is, and have no plans to get another one at this time. :)

7. What is your grail doll?

...Emily?  LOL I guess I don't have one at this time.

8. Did you learn something new because of this hobby?

I've learned all sorts of new sewing and knitting techniques, and the little bit of pattern creation I've picked up has all been from this hobby.  I think that I have improved a lot of skills as well.

9. Have you made any friends you might otherwise not have because of this hobby?

 I have online-met a lot of really great people through this hobby, who I enjoy talking to. :)  They are part of what makes this hobby such a pleasure.

10. What are your doll plans for this coming year?

I plan to focus on Claire's wardrobe this year, and to finish up the two littlefee  patterns I've been working on.  (Both patterns were revised before Christmas and are waiting for me to work through the updated version... LOL)


6 comments:

  1. I found this very interesting...I love to read about my dolly friends! I think I will do this on my blog too, maybe tomorrow, so will consider myself tagged!!!
    Love the photo of Claire too, she does look lovely....black and white photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your answers! :D

      The light has been so poor around here lately, that it's been hard to get anything decent. Black and white saves the day sometimes! LOL

      Delete
  2. I will have to do one of these. I cannot resist a meme!

    I didn't know you had seven dolls in total. Seven is a magic number for me and was the actual number I was supposed to stop at with my own collection. Maybe one day I can cull down to that number. Unfortunately, the SDs are the hardest to move because of the ridiculous shipping prices for them.

    I'm looking forward to seeing what you do for Claire's wardrobe.

    2006 was when I discovered about BJDs but I had a crap job for years so couldn't afford one for a while.

    Love the photo that went with this meme. Everytime I see your room set, I keep thinking I must make one myself for my dolls as I am sick of photographing them against a plain white fabric. Maybe this year ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your answers! I love this sort of meme. :D

      Oh, I can imagine the cost of shipping an SD must be pretty high. I've never had any that size, but the MSD size is expensive enough!

      I discovered BJDs about a year and a half before ordering...it took me that long to save up! I had a different Lati in mind, but they came out with the Winter Tans when I was ready to order, and that was that! LOL

      One of the cleverest backdrops I ever saw was this photo of Ban Sidhe's - The "college hallway" is the countertop of the kitchen! Maybe there is a corner of your home that would translate well without needing any work.... :D

      Delete
  3. Cool! Very interesting, getting to know someone's bjd family. I'm terrible at this sort of thing since half my dolls don't have permanent names and I'm barely able to remember real-life dates and events. That's part of the reason I blog -- to remind me when and how I did something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I had to look up all the dates, and I'm still not entirely sure of them. Having dolls that can change names and characters is a great thing! That's what I thought I was going to do...change out wigs and eyes and have whole new characters. Apparently that is not the way I work, though. LOL

      Delete