Saturday, May 17, 2014

All Your Chairs Are Belong To Us

Not dead.  One of my beloved nephews passed on some sort of virus, and it's been circulating through the family.  Oy vey.  We really have to reconsider teaching kids to share, you know?  LOL  Three weeks later and a course of antibiotics, and I'm still coughing!

I got my order from Brennil (Her Delicate Strength) last night, and I'm so thrilled with the items.  It took me a long time to pare down my wish list for Claire to match my budget, but now she has a blouse, dress pants, a Spring/Fall Coat, and a winter coat!

You can see her modeling her new Business Casual look here (very useful for meeting with Donors, you know!):

The Chair Thief 1 of 5

But what's going on in the background there?



The Chair Thief 2 of 5

 It's a crisis! Cairo dragged her reading chair all the way out to the main room, but when she came back from getting her book, well...

The Chair Thief 3 of 5

Claire said Cairo should just move Edith off the chair, but it didn't work out:

The Chair Thief 4 of 5

If Cairo is on the floor reading, then Edith figures that's the place to be after all!

The Chair Thief 5 of 5


10 comments:

  1. Every home needs a pet :) I almost caved on the lilac cat in the Evethepet store but I think I just might hold out for a black one as planned.

    Do you have a link to Her Delicate Strength? I'm going to need some MSD clothes very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That lilac one is so pretty! (So is the grey...) But black will be adorable. :D

      Here's the site for Her Delicate Strength, and here is the bit about how to order. You have to wait for an order period, and then get you name on the list quick. She's the best for clothes that just look like real people clothes, I think!

      I saw you got your Mio, finally! How do you like her?

      Delete
    2. I'm signed up and waiting for the waiting list -- thank you!

      Mio is lovely! I'm surprised I like her as much as I do. Yo-SDs are usually a mixed bag for me -- I tend to like the odd 30cm 'junior' size better -- but she has more grace than most and poses like an absolute rock. I'm impressed.
      Right now the Elfdoll twin heads are out for face-ups and I've got a temp MSD body on order for them but Mio is making me re-think Minifees a bit more seriously. Uh oh... :)

      Delete
    3. Have you ever used an Adams-Harris pattern for Emily? They have quite a selection of sewing styles in Littlefee size and those overalls would be cute as a khaki Steampunk coverall....

      Delete
    4. Hurray for a place on the waiting list! :D She does lovely work!

      Glad to hear you are enjoying Mio; I'm admittedly predjudiced, since Littlefee are my favourite doll out of all of them. LOL

      I have used a few patterns from her, and they worked out really well. They can be a little fussy in places, but are generally worth the effort. :D This was my favourite that I made using her patterns, for a swap.

      Here's a couple examples of people using the overalls pattern. If you search that group for variations of Adams-Harris, you'll ssee pictures of the final version people made, and there are some reviews in the discussion section. ;)

      Delete
    5. Oops, to clarify that, that is two different overalls patterns used there. The first one is Adams-Harris, and the second is My Own Little World. They're very similar.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you've all not been well for the last few weeks, I hope you're all on the mend now though!
    Claire is looking great in her new clothing, she really does look perfectly dressed for the job now! :)
    Aww little Cairo is a cutie, and so is Edith....I think it was really kind of Cairo to actually not get Edith off the chair, because in the end she didn't need to anyway......perfect photos as usual!
    Hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm feeling much better these days, thanks to antibiotics!

      It seems to be a typical cat thing...they want the most comfortable spot....unless you are doing something interesting, then they are "helping" you instead! LOL

      Delete
  3. Hope your health will be better now and nice to read you again. The photos are really cute and Claire so smart ! Best regards from France.

    ReplyDelete