Got my yarn! It's exactly the colour I wanted, and as I knit up a swatch, very nice to work with. But then found that not only the pattern I intended to use with this yarn, but everything I want to work on for Nieceling's birthday requires my 3.25mm needles.
...which have vanished. I have the little plastic envelope they came in - I store them in these to help keep them organized. But this one? Is empty.
How I can lose circular needles with a purple cord, when I'm very careful to only knit in two places of my home (to prevent just such occurrences! LOL) is a mystery. I guess it is natural talent! ;)
So I started another shirt from the same pattern as the Rainbow Tunics I'd made for Nieceling's birthday. It's fun, it's simple, and best of all - I have both the yarn and the needles required! I'm doing the shorter version, with stripes. I'll set it aside once the new 3.25mm needles get here, so I can finish Nieceling's birthday presents.
I'd really like to try to adapt this pattern to make one in laceweight for Emily sometime. I have a fingering weight pattern I made for myself that I could adapt really easily, but I think I'd rather have the drape of laceweight if I made this for her, I think. Which means starting from scratch!