Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Maplelea Superstar Sneakers + Current Project

One of the things I knew Saila would need is a good pair of running shoes that would go with anything.  After searching the Maplelea site, I decided on the Superstar Sneakers.

I really like them!

IMG_8310-7

They feel very sturdy and well made, and she stands in them with no problems at all.  I love the colours, which should ensure that the running shoes go with just about any outfit.  My favourite thing, I think is that the laces are elastic.  No fussing with trying to tie tiny laces!  LOL

This a double bonus as Nieceling is still working on reliably tying her own, regular scale, laces.  She can take these on and off herself.

You can see, if you look closely in this picture, that there is a slight jog, where the white sides join, but to be honest, my own shoes have a similar jog, so I don't think it's a defect.  It's not something noticeable unless you are taking a close up view of the shoes like this one. :)

~~~

I'm currently working on the Mock Smocked Dress pattern for Nieceling's birthday.  It's different construction than I'm used to, so it's interesting!  I think it will be cute when it is done.  This one's in a vivid purple.  I need to sew a couple decorative buttons on the hat I made on the weekend, as well.  I used the yarn leftover from a pink dress from last year.


2 comments:

  1. These are great shoes and as you say, will go with everything! As for the 'jog', yes, I do believe that all shoes that have the rubber bit around the edge are like that, it's just normal. These look very nicely made! I went to look at their site and they have some nice things on there! I liked the suede effect boots with embroidery on the front, good price too!
    Hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The suede effect boots are really cute; Nieceling and I were just admiring them the other day! :)

      It's a double bonus for me, as it is a Canadian company, and everything ships to me for a flat fee of $9! That is a lovely change from the shipping costs in the States and elsewhere. :)

      The Maplelea company has just started putting some things up on Amazon, which significantly lowers the shipping costs for Americans, but I suspect the international costs are still prohibitive. Hopefully that will change as the company becomes better known. :)

      Delete