Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hurry up, Spring!

We have another month of winter to go, but today we have a rare day of sunshine....and it is utterly lovely!  <3

I sewed on a snap for another of the "These are finished...except for snaps" pile.  This one was for Cairo.  I used Wovenflame's Pukifee Dress pattern, but lengthened the sleeves by a few rows and added some knit-in pockets.

Oh, and I changed the transition a bit, as I wanted a bit of a band there rather than the eyelets or single row.

Spring will be sprung? 1 of 8

This is the first time I've done the knitted-in pockets.  My mattress stitch isn't as neat as it could be, but I love the look of the pockets so much that I can see more practice at it in my future. LOL

I think if Spring doesn't get here soon, there may be nothing left of Claire's main room....

Spring will be sprung? 7 of 8

If they can't go outside, they'll make their own fun!

6 comments:

  1. Hey girlie, nice sweater and nice boots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's all ready to head outside and explore...she just needs winter to end. LOL

      Delete
  2. That little 'angel top' or dress is very cute and looks so nicely knitted with the pockets and everything. It certainly does look like Cairo could do with running off some of her energy outside, doesn't it!!! :)
    Hugs Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nothing like a few weeks of "sorry, it is too cold for you to play outside" to build up some energy. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love the styling you have done with that dress, it makes it much more interesting and looks great on your little one. :) I wish it was spring here too, we have had almost no summer at all this year in Oz and I'm not looking forward to winter arriving anytime soon!!
    Hugs,
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! :)

      Too bad about the summer...hopefully you will get a nice long Fall before the Winter kicks in!

      Delete