Sunday, March 1, 2015

Catching Up!

The Internet hasn't been cooperating lately, but it seems to be doing better the last couple days.  Is it a co-incidence that that also marks the end of the couple week long streak of temperatures hovering at -30?  Hmm...

I finished off a couple sweaters today.  They were sadly sitting in the "add snaps and buttons" pile, and both were for Emily.  So I thought it was about time to get them done!

Here's the Rainbow cardigan, which I just adore:

IMG_9179-1

The whole time I was working on this sweater I had songs from the 80s playing in my head.  LOL  It is such a cute sweater and I love the way the hood is constructed.  :)  This is from Kristin Maw's "House Sweater for Littlefee" pattern, which can be found on Ravelry or Etsy.  It was a really quick knit!   I may make a single colour version for Emily with the pocket sometime too.

The second sweater was a pink sweater made from my own pattern.  I think I really do have that exactly the way I want it now!

IMG_9172-1

Yesterday I had Nieceling pick out the winner of the Pukifee dress and blanket set giveaway, which she really enjoyed.  She loves sending mail, and nothing makes a six year old happier than a little power over the world, so picking the winner was definitely her idea of a good time.

This is the set here, modeled by Kipling:

Toddler Problems

You can see that Kipling had some (unwanted) help from Edith!  The blanket is from a free pattern on Pixie Faire.  I knit the Bitty Baby size (minus two repeats) with laceweight, on 1.25mm needles.  The yarn is actually Aunt Lydia's Crochet Thread (100% viscose from Bamboo), and it is lovely for this sort of thing.  It has a much better drape than some of the other crochet threads I've tried.

I've been playing around lately with hand-lettering and calligraphy.  I'm terrible at it, but it is fun!  I really like this site:  The Postman's Knock

Definitely worth checking out if you are into that sort of thing.  It gave me some inspiration for this summer's project:  Nieceling and I are going to embark on an epistolary adventure this summer.  By which I mean that I've been collecting addresses from various relatives willing to send mail back to her and will mail any letter she wants to send.  Good practice for her both in printing and in spelling/putting together written sentences, and she will be uttlerly thrilled to get letters or postcards back.   :)

4 comments:

  1. Those knits look great! I really love the rainbow one. Such lovely bright colours, cheerful colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We need a few rainbows, this time of year! :) As soon as I saw that pattern done with the rainbow stripes I knew I needed to make it! It's been a cold, grey winter so far.

      Delete
  2. Both your cardigan and sweater are lovely, and look really great on Emily, a super fit!
    I think that's a great idea on the writing, your nieceling will indeed be delighted to receive letters in the post, it's so rare these days, all we seem to get are bills!!! If she ever fancies receiving a letter from Spain, I'd be more than happy to send her one, just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words!

      She would probably love a letter from Spain, if you might really have the time! I could check with you again closer to time? She'd be doing her letter writing in July and August. She just loves getting things in the mail... :D

      Delete