Friday, July 24, 2015

Life in Fifteen Minute Intervals

Work has been...well, let's say busy, and leave it at that.  I keep reminding myself that this project won't last forever.  Till next June, but not forever.  And I'm getting paid, which means I have an apartment and food and yarn and Nieceling's gymnastics and Nephew The Elder's Football camp covered, and these are all very good things.

At any rate, I haven't had much time for anything, and this is the time of year I have small visitors (my sister's children) part of every week as well.  LOL Posts may continue to be sporadic.

However, there are are a few things I can work on in 15-20 minute bursts, and one of them is a doll sweater for Nieceling's birthday in September.  I was hoping to get two completed, and it is still within the realm of possibility... If I get this first one done!

IMG_9318-2

I'm actually further along on this now;  I've reached the point of joining and knitting the rest of the body in the round.  So it is possible (maybe?) that I might hit my self-imposed deadline of the end of July.

I also purchased a Gingermelon kit the other day, when there was a sale, so I will be sewing up the most adorable little cat for Nieceling as well:

IMG_9315-1

The decision was made this year that Nieceling, who has done a great job taking care of her Journey Girl doll and co-owning Saila with me, would get to pick out her very own Maplelea Doll for her seventh birthday.  She's picked Alexi, who just arrived this week!  She was allowed to pick an outfit as well, and of course picked the gymnastics outfit.

Nieceling started gymnastics in the spring, and is loving it, so I think that impacted her choice of doll!  I knew from Saila that the dolls are actually great quality and very cute, but I was pleasantly surprised when Alexi arrived.  In pictures she is one of the ones that tend to have the "staring" or "startled" look, but that isn't evident in person at all.  She is actually adorable.

Now I just have to wait till September to be able to give her to her very excited new owner...

I have today off, and intend to enjoy every minute of it, starting with catching up on blogs and Flickr this morning! :)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's been a super busy time over there. Glad you were able to get a small break before the busy time picks up again for you!

    The sweater looks like it is coming along great. I love the colour you chose and that small kitty looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I suspect the making of the kitty is as much for me as for her... it is just so cute. LOL But she will enjoy playing with it.

      Delete
  2. Lovely to see you blogging again, it sounds like your life is so very hectic!
    Your neice and nephew are very lucky, they have the best aunty....but I can hardly believe that your neice will be 7 in September! It doesn't seem very long ago when I'm sure you mentioned she was 3 years old....time passes too quickly!
    I look foward to seeing photos of your neices new dolly when she gets her later in the year...oh and that little kitten too, looks so cute!
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how they get so old so fast! She will be turning 7 in September, and her brothers are now 11 and FOURTEEN. LOL

      Delete
  3. I lost the link to your blog recently and legitimately got depressed because I loved your posts. I'm so glad I found it again and just in time for a new post! You must be a very wonderful Aunt! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words! The good news is, you missed nothing.... LOL I have missed reading blogs and posting here. :)

      Delete