Saturday, November 7, 2015

Coming up for air....

Anybody still out there?  It's been about four months since my last post.  I had hoped the project at work would ease up, but it actually got quite a bit worse for a while there.  The good news is they are now paying us for 20 hours of the overtime we work per month, so at least we are getting extra money out of it!  Money that goes mostly into my RSP, hopefully moving my retirement date forward!

So I've declared today a Holiday in the name of mental health.  Since it is a Saturday, and I technically only work Monday to Friday, I feel that is pretty fair.  ;)  I'm very grateful to have a job, but I must confess I'm getting pretty burned out.

I had the money saved up to replace Sebastian in September, but was dismayed to find that the Ruth sculpt was still unavailable from Fairyland.  Today, seeing that he is still not available, I used the money to get a blank Realfee Mari instead! She is just so incredibly CUTE.  She was a bit of an impulse purchase, which I ordinarily avoid, but looking forward to her arrival is already brightening my days considerably.  She is a whole new size, so I am looking forward to making her a whole new wardrobe next Spring!

The face-ups Fairyland has been doing recently are not really my personal taste, but I have my eye on trying to commission a real live face-up artist through Den of Angels with some of this overtime money!  The blank sculpt has such a sweet look to it, that honestly I could probably live with her blank too... LOL

(Have you seen Wovenflame's pictures of a blank RealFee Mari?  If not, you should really go look!)

I also managed to get two Realfee bodies, which are hopefully for Kipling and Cairo.  I've always wanted them to be taller than Samara, you see, and looking at owner pictures last week, I think they should work spectacularly.  I hope so, anyway!  I'd love if the RealFee bodies arrived in December, so that they could "grow" before the annual Christmas story(ies) but it is much more likely to be January I think.

I have been enjoying catching up on blog posts, Flickr, and Den of Angels.  It feels like a long time since I've had enough time to do so, and it is lovely to feel enthusiastic about the dolls again.

I don't expect to have time to do anything with the dolls this month, but I have high hopes that at least in December I may have my weekends back.  I quite miss them, and I'd be disappointed not to get at least one Christmas story put together!  It wouldn't feel quite like Christmas anymore without it... :)

Christmas 2012
Christmas 2013
Christmas 2014

Is that...?  Yes, I rather think it is the belated rousing of my normal Christmas Cheer....

10 comments:

  1. Oh yay! more Realfees!

    I'm still on the fence about getting a Mari. I think it's because I really didn't bond with my Pano faceup -- I sold it within a week -- and my Soso isn't home yet from her custom face up. On the other hand, I do and always have loved this size tiny. I think Kipling and Cairo would be perfect slightly embiggened. :)

    P.S. We've all missed you and your 'kids' -- glad to have you pop in again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your Soso faceplate on Flickr! She (or he) looks extremely adorable. :D

      I read that loose Blythe tops/short dresses fit the RealFee, and that some Ellery Kish knitting patterns may work as well. I've got a couple of those in my pattern stash, so I can't wait till I can get started working on them. :) Have you been able to find clothes that fit well?

      Delete
  2. You're back! It's good to see you pop up on the blog roll again.

    Looking forward to seeing your Mari (and what your artist does with her)! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think Mari will be a nice change of pace, as she is very different than my other dolls. :D

      Delete
  3. Good to see you coming back! I think I will have to do something christmassy for my doll family this year. At least they need special clothes and their own tree and a log fire (the fireplace is ready) and presents and sweets and cookies and a cookie jar... I think I should start working on it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that sounds like fun! A fireplace is the perfect thing for Christmas pictures.... :D

      Delete
  4. Hi Lynn, it's really lovely to see you posting and I hope that it'll not be so long till the next one. Sorry to hear that you're working so hard but if you're now getting some extra money for doing so, then hopefully it'll be worth it.
    I love love love the Christmas photos, they are so realistic, I can almost hear the music playing and see them moving about to the Christmas songs.....brilliant! And the cat really does add that little something extra to the scenes, doesn't he!!
    Well done on the 'impulse buy', I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun when they arrive and look forward to seeing them.
    Big hugs Sharon in Spain xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Edith the cat is one of my favourite "characters" - much like a real cat, she makes sure to be involved in anything interesting... LOL

      Even though I don't expect to see the new doll till the new year, I'm already looking forward to working on a whole new wardrobe.... :D

      Delete
  5. It's good to see you pop up again! I had been wondering where you had been but figured life probably had you in its steely grasp.

    Congrats on the new purchases! I have been wondering about the FL thing too. It's been a while now that they have had those sculpts unavailable. Maybe in the new year they might release them again and you can get another Sebastian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Real Life is always cutting into Hobby time.... LOL

      I do hope Fairyland will bring them back; I don't think the Ruth sculpt was that popular to begin with, as I don't often see them on the second-hand market - but I liked his little smirk. I think he'd need a sense of humour, all things considered. LOL

      Delete