Tuesday, February 28, 2012

IMG_4017

One of the fun things about the Pukifee is that I can use some of the old toys I saved from my childhood for them.  I have no idea where the rocking horse came from, but it's just the right size for them!  The daybed in the background is from a much loved Skipper set - I just made up some new bedding, as the old sort of screamed "80s!"

A lot of the fashion doll furniture looks quite cute with them, though of course it's nowhere near in scale with the MNF, who serve as the adults of my personal doll collecting world.

I did some sewing on the weekend, and have a t-shirt, two pairs of stockings, and some armwarmers in the Pukifee Wardrobe Project now.   The stockings and armwarmers/sleeves are from Wovenflame's patterns, and look unbelievably adorable with the little knitted dress.  I need to make some more, to keep! 

I handsewed them, but will have to switch to the machine for the dresses and pants.  I might have to wait for the weekend for that.   Perhaps tonight I'll start sewing on some of the many snaps and buttons on the "completed" items waiting for them! ;)

I picked up the DollProject Tiny Doll Shoe Workshop from Etsy yesterday, and it looks amazing.  It's a really in-depth look at making doll shoes, with lots of pictures!  Though I'm hoping to apply the knowledge to different sized dolls (Minifee and Minoruworld Junior), as the Pukifee are scarcely lacking in shoes.  At least, that was the plan.  I think now I have to try some their size first, because it's just too cute not to! 

2 comments: