Thursday, March 1, 2012

Knitting for Corolle Les Cheries...

The Corolle Les Cheries dolls are wonderful.  Excellent quality, the perfect size for little hands, and they look like little girls of 3-6.  They have adorable little faces.  I got one for a Certain Small Person for Christmas, and much to my delight she's become a favourite!

...so I had to pick one up as a model so I can make things for her doll.  Woe is me. ;)

When I tried downsizing the Tiered Jacket pattern, it was much too big for Emily (Littlefee), but turned out to be just right for this size!  That's pretty much what I've been working on all this week.  I only have one sleeve left!  I've been trying to keep track of the changes I made as I went along.

The only frustrating thing about these dolls is that there is tons of really wonderful patterns out there...but almost all are in French.  I can follow along with basic ideas in French, but knitting terms I have a lot of problems with.  As for the sewing patterns, they seem to be very hard to actually get hold of here.    I may, in the end, have to make my own sewing patterns up for the basics. 

2 comments:

  1. Their clothes are cute too, and quite well made...I have some for my Narsha by Dollmore!

    ReplyDelete