Thursday, August 9, 2012

Choices and choices, oh my!

Current Dolly Plan:  I have sold two dolls and have enough to order my LTF Luna with both blank faceplates.  Then I sell the body, and along with the third doll up on DoA I have enough to get the faceplates done, and buy a couple outfits.

Poof! Minoruworld Jr/LTF hybrid complete!

But, my favourite BJD faceup artist recently closed her doors!  Ack!  So I'd need to re-plan where to send it, and there's going to be a very long wait probably before she's done.  As in, next Spring, I think, best case scenario!  0_0

And then today there was this:

Buh-bye dolly plans?

Good lord....aren't they beautiful? That's the Lonnie sculpt for the new Iplehouse KID dolls, which are in the same size range, and would work admirably for the character I had in mind for the hybrid!   LOL

I really think I'm leaning towards getting one of these, though I will have to wait till LTF  Bonnie sells as well to be able to order her.     Even with the wait, I think I'd still wind up with a finished doll sooner than I would if I continue with the hybrid, and also?  So cute!

I  love the Faceup C (with RS) the best, except for those awful, awful eyebrows.  Really?  (Though a wig with bangs should help with those...) 

Faceup A is also gorgous, though, with perfectly feathery eyebrows and the most adorable freckles!

So while I'm waiting for Abbie to sell, I will have to decide:  Which faceup?  Which skin colour?  I think I can make both these options work with the black wig I already have, which reduces the price a bit again. :)

(They have outfits out, too!  Ack!  I can get jeans and a t-shirt, and the outfit with the tank top and skirt, giving me four items to mix and match right off the bat!)

Oh dear.... all right Iplehouse, I think you win.  It was worth the two-year wait!

New Dolly Plan:  Sell remaining doll on DoA or  sell Minoruworld Jr body on DoA, or whatever wants to sell, to get the remaining 183.47USD.  Order Lonnie with outfits and shoes.  Caper gleefully around with new doll when she arrives.   Find out if clothing I've made for the Minoruworld Jr body fits Iplehouse KID dolls.

Iplehouse KID Lonnie FaceupC

Seriously, can you not see a perfectly adorable little girl in this picture? Reminds me so much of a little girl from a children's book I read, many many years ago. It was called something like Miss Happiness and Miss Flower?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa... KIDs are actually, finally, here??
    :: runs off to check Iplehouse site gleefully::
    Yay!
    Oooo, I see the clothes now too...
    nice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! I am definitely ordering a couple items of clothing with the doll, when I have the money saved up. :D

      Delete