Monday, March 3, 2014

The Deal With Overtime...I think Claire likes it.

The Deal I have with myself regarding paid overtime is this:  Half goes into savings, the end.

Which means the remaining half is mine to do with as I please, so Claire will be getting a jean jacket, hat, and not-knitted cardigan from Nine9style.   :)

My projects right now are all "in progress", as I took a break to crochet a birthday present.  Add that to overtime, and not a lot has been getting done. However, I'm now finishing off another dress for Kipling, then finishing off a sweater for Claire that I had started before her body arrived.

The goal this year is to work on clothes for Claire and patterns for Emily.  I'm not sure what my excuse was for venturing into knitting more for the Pukifee, who have more than enough clothes. (Particularly this last dress, which I don't think I have any desire to keep - I just wanted to knit it! LOL)

I'm hoping to take a few hours this weekend and sew up a couple shirts for Claire.  The patterns and fabric are bundled together, so all I have to do is actually follow through.  It seems sometimes that my organizational skills take a hit proportional to the amount of overtime I work.  I am glad things are slowing down again.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck in your projects, and look forward to seeing them all finished in the future. It's very hard to work full time, do overtime and also have time for hobbies, I can remember a time when I would be desparate to get home and work on my dollshouse....there was never enough time! But we do all need that time for ourselves or life can get very boring, can't it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Life would be very dull indeed without our hobbies.

      Got home at a normal hour yesterday, and was able to finish the dress for Kipling. (Of course, by finished, I mean "still needs blocking and snaps sewn on... LOL) So things should move along a little faster now. :)

      Delete