Friday, August 22, 2014

Pirouettes and Pliés

This was Nieceling's pick for Saila:

IMG_8417-48

It's the Pirouettes and Pliés set from Maplelea.   While I was dubious about this choice, I have to admit it is just gorgeous in person.  The pieces are well made, and the fit is great.  While I wasn't sure about the colours for Saila, she actually looks quite pretty in the pale pink!

IMG_8419-50

The bun maker worked quite well, though we did have to watch the video to figure out how to use it. Nieceling was a big fan of this, as her hair is often done up in a bun.  (But her hair is very curly, so basically, a "messy ponytail" comes out looking like a neat bun... LOL)

IMG_8403-34

I like that the sweater, skirt, and leotards/tights could easily be used separately with other outfits as well. The little sweater even has the proper two buttons for closure, one on each side. The skirt has a tie, but actually closes very securely with velcro. I like the double-layers to it, making it just a bit fancier than a plain wrap skirt. :)

I was indifferent to the towel and bag that came with the set, but Nieceling really enjoyed them, and had fun packing the shoes and towel inside the bag for Saila to carry.  As always, because of the way her hands are designed, Saila can carry the bag herself.  I just forgot to take a picture of that!

4 comments:

  1. I am really amazed by the different outfits and shoes of these dolls. I think that they don't sell these dolls in France. Your photos are really wonderful as usual ! Best regards, Stéphanie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a Canadian company, with the dolls only available through their website. I think that they are gradually expanding, so maybe someday they will be available everywhere! :) Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, this company have such lovely outfits that I want them regardless of the fact that I haven't got this doll!!! I wonder would they fit other dolls in this size range, I'm sure they would!!!
    I love this dance set, it's really cute and looks very well made. I think your neiceling has very good taste in dolls clothing!
    Big hugs Sharon in Spain x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also fit the American Girl dolls, and I've tried some of them on the slightly slimmer Journey Girls, so they should fit a good variety of dolls I'd think! :)

      It really is a very pretty outfit... :D

      Delete