Around the regular tasks, I took some time to work on fun doll things this weekend. Mostly, of course, stuff for Parker.
I started gluing down bricks for the back wall of Parker's attic. I swear I thought I was being really consistent with the size I cut them till I started gluing them down! I'm consoling myself that it's an old, abandoned clock tower...how great could the brick work be anyway?!
I did the finishing on Parker's sweaters - sleeves knit, blocking, ends woven in, buttons and snaps sewn on. Then I gathered her little pile of clothing together to admire what she has, and got an idea:
Nothing new needed to be purchased for this, much to my glee. The foamcore is left over from when I cut down the walls of her attic. The dowel, t-pins, and wire were in the craft bin, obviously purchased for some abandoned project in the past. LOL
I need to make a little basket or something to hold her socks down there at the bottom. I saw a great one someone had made from Aida, and I believe I have some of that in the craft bin as well.
I've got two sewn dresses in progress for her, but ran out of time to finish them. I've also got one knitted dress in progress. After that though, I think I really need to focus on more socks, a couple skirts...then maybe a coat.
I think half the fun of this project is finding ways to use up the odd stash of craft supplies I've accumulated over the years. ;)