Friday, December 25, 2015

Two Things, from a Christmas Eve package....

But only one of them has pictures yet, as I was, like everyone else, very busy with Christmas today. :)

Kipling, Age 4!

Yup, that is Kipling! Her head, which always looked a bit over-sized compared to the other two, looks great on this taller body!

So here's what she looks like next to Emily:

Kipling and Emily

And here she is with Samara:

Still friends?

I am really pleased with the Realfee body in general*.  Losing those exasperating neck pieces the pukifee had (always wound up showing in pictures, like a bizarre double-chin LOL) is a blessing, and she poses really well!  The outfits I'd prepared seem to fit quite well too.


But the really big hit of the package that arrived last night?

Mari!

I will have to take some pictures of her tomorrow, but she is completely and utterly charming.  She poses wonderfully, and that little face!  I'm smitten!

Oh, I can't wait for Sparrow Faceups to re-open.  I have never done the whole faceup thing before, so I am terribly nervous, but I love how natural her faceups look, and that is definitely what I want for Mari.  :D

~~~

Honest corollary: 
1) The seam lines are a lot more prominent on the RLF bodies I received than on the other Fairyland dolls I have.  I think I can smooth them down a little, but there is a noticeable difference.
2) I struggled getting the Pukifee connector onto the Realfee body;  it was very difficult.
3)  I'd been warned, so I wasn't surprised, but my Pukifee faceplates (first generation pukifee) do not fit the connector without help from magnets or eye putty.   Newer faceplates are supposed to fit just perfectly though!

These things don't hinder my enjoyment of the dolls, but they might someone else's, so I thought I'd better make it known.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on all the new arrivals! The pukifee head on the realfee body look great. I'm kind of tempted myself but my dear friend sueded my Pukifee neck for me recently and she works a lot better now.

    Thanks for the feedback on the FL order you recently received. It's good to know other people's experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like them. But then again, I also love the Pukifee size! I think I am just a Fairyland addict... ;)

      Delete
    2. Just wanted to pop you through a quick comment to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award tag here.

      Delete
    3. Thanks! That looks like fun! :D

      Delete