Sunday, January 10, 2016

A little Hope

When the box from Fairyland arrived Christmas Eve, it also contained my Realfee Mari.   Most of the names I'd thought of went out the window once I had her in my hand. I thought about Holly, or something else Christmas themed, but after a bit I came to the conclusion that what we could most use around here (and anywhere else too, I'd imagine!) is a little bit of Hope.

And Hope suited her very, very well:

Meet Hope!

None of her clothing is ready.  Over the Christmas break I got her dress mostly made (it needs straps and a snap, but I'm sewing by hand, so it has taken a bit) and started on her shawl.  I got just enough done that she can appear here to make her debut!

I love her crazy ears, and her little pointy chin.  She poses very well, which is always a prime consideration for me.

I think the planned colours and style are going to work just perfectly for her. :)  It is always nice when that happens!

She tried on all the wigs here yesterday, whether they fit her or not.  I'd been thinking of trying a lighter colour for her hair, but she would have none of it!  I'd also thought of black, but again, it was right out.

These two, however, have promise:

But what colour should her hair be?

This is too big (it was Nora's wig!) but I love both the colour and the style! The crazy windbown curls are perfect for a little free spirited sprite! But I did want to stay away from Mohair this time, because it gets just wrecked by hats.

This one wouldn't be harmed by hats at all, or by repeated changes of hairstyle:

What about red?

The wig is a little less red in real-life, but is unexpectedly appealing on her.  I really wasn't thinking about bangs for her...but for now, I think this is the one she will go for.

I might get her some new eyes, but these will do very well for now.  The main focus, other than working on her wardrobe, is on her faceup.  I am hoping to get it done by Sparrow Faceups, as her style is just perfect for the innocent, natural look I want for Hope.  And she seems to be very good at freckles too, and don't you think Hope needs a little sprinkling of freckles?  Her thread on DoA says closed/Full right now, but I am keeping an eye on it.

I've never sent faceplates away for faceups, so this is both very exciting, and nerve-wracking!  LOL

6 comments:

  1. Awww what a little sweetie she is, and Hope is the perfect name for her. The wig works well on her. I hope you get a faceup slot soon with your chosen faceup artist and look forward to seeing her 'personality' emerge here on your blog :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am really looking forward to having her all together, though it could be some time. :)

      Delete
  2. The more I see of these dolls, the more I fall in love with them. They are just absolutely adorable.

    I love that you named her Hope. I can see that suits her and I can also see the freckles you speak of on her and her style of clothing sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see her finished.

    Good luck with the face up slot! I hope you are able to snag one when the artist opens up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they cute? I love the whimsical faces of the Realfee. :D

      Delete
  3. Hope is adorable - and what a perfect name for her too!

    I'm looking forward to seeing how she turns out once she has her final look (hopefully you'll be able to snag a faceup slot fairly easily). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am hopeful about the faceup; it helps that I like her quite a lot even blank, so I'm not too impatient. ;)

      Delete